The American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) and Neurosurgery Research and Education Foundation (NREF) invite you to attend the Second International Brain Mapping Course, hosted the two days immediately prior to the 2018 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting in New Orleans.
At this course, an international faculty presents advances, advantages and practical issues in contemporary preoperative and intraoperative brain mapping applications in brain tumor and functional neurosurgery.
Led by faculty from major international brain mapping centers. The Second International Brain Mapping Course will be presented in five sessions over two days:
- Session 1: Functional Anatomy, Physiology and Brain Mapping with Imaging
- Session 2: Dinner Session: Special Lecture- Dr. Gregory Hickok
- Session 3: Intraoperative and Extra-operative Mapping
- Session 4: Lunch Session: Controversies in Cortical Mapping (Expert panel discussion, case presentations)
- Session 5: Special Topics in Stimulation, Research Techniques, the Future of Brain Mapping
- Describe both the anatomic and functional anatomy of eloquent cortex.
- Explain the indications for brain mapping in neurosurgery.
- List the potential pitfalls in sensitivity and specificity in each brain mapping technique.
- Describe areas of developing research in brain mapping techniques and technology.
Earn up to 13.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™
The AANS is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Online registration is the most popular, immediate and secure way to register for the Second International Brain Mapping Course. Complete the online Registration Form using a credit card for payment.
For questions regarding registration for the Second International Brain Mapping Course, call 708.450.5882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mention the course name in your inquiry.
AANS Neurosurgeon Member $475
Non-member Neurosurgeon $575
AANS Resident, Nurse or Physician Assistant Member $300
Non-member Resident, Nurse or Physician Assistant $400
Requests for cancellation of the course must be received in writing at the AANS no later than April 2, 2018 in order to receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee. Requests for cancellation received between April 3, 2018 and April 19, 2018 will be charged a $100 processing fee. No refunds will be made on or after April 20, 2018. A cancellation request may be faxed to 708.344.4444 or mailed to AANS Registration Department, c/o CompuSystems, 2651 Warrenville Rd., Suite 400, Downers Grove, IL 60515 or emailed to email@example.com.