Sunday, April 29
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
The NeuroPoint Alliance and Your Practice: Using Registries to Enhance Quality, Reimbursement, Certification and Clinical Research
This course explores the varied uses of registry data for patient care, quality improvement, clinical research, education and revenue enhancement. NPA initiatives, such as the Quality Outcomes Database (QOD) spine and cerebrovascular registries, the Registry for the Advancement of DBS Therapy in Parkinson’s Disease (RAD-PD) and the Stereotactic Radiosurgery Registry (SRS) are used to demonstrate how your organization can benefit from participation in these registries. This course benefits neurosurgeons, quality managers, clinical personnel and data coordinators.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Registries to enhance your business:
- Improve payer negotiations with registry data.
- Leverage registry data in alternative payment models.
- Registries as a research platform and to improve data collection and analysis:
- Make registry data a part of clinical and predictive modeling to improve evidence based decision support.
- Discover advanced methods for extracting data from electronic health records.
- Incorporate best practices for effective registry operations.
- Registries as a quality improvement tool:
- Advance public reporting and documentation to improve quality care with registry data.
- Discuss how to combine registry and quality improvements techniques to improve outcomes.
- Registries in Board Certification and Maintenance of Certification:
- Use registries for the ABNS Practice and Outcomes of Surgical Therapies (ABNSPost) System and Maintenance of Certification.
- Working with other specialties, industry and government partners:
- Develop cross-specialty quality assurance and improvement projects with registry data or use it as a reporting tool.
- Engage registry data for a new device approval and post-market surveillance.
- Establish and grow industry partnerships- the AANS, NPA and NREF Triad.
A discount for this course is available for those participating in an NPA Registry.
NPA Project Members
Advanced Practice Providers and Office Administrators/Staff $150
Resident/Candidate and Medical Student $50
Non-member of the NPA Project
Advanced Practice Providers and Office Administrators/Staff $420
Resident/Candidate and Medical Student $150
CME AccreditationThe AANS is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AANS designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.