The American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) is pleased to encourage medical students taking an interest in neurosurgery and encourages as many students as possible to learn about this field of study. Find out what kinds of cases you will be seeing, what is covered in a neurosurgeon's training and what a neurosurgeon's life is like. Use this site as your first stop in learning about neurosurgery and as your portal to some of the best web resources.
Visit often and submit your questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback will help improve the content.
Learn More > Click the membership button to learn about. AANS medical student membership.
Fellowships and Grants
Learn More > Study in a lab under an AANS mentor, or receive a grant and pursue a research topic. The AANS offers medical students many opportunities to take a step further in their career with research fellowships and grants.
Join or Start an AANS Medical Student Chapter at Your School
The AANS is pleased to announce Medical Student Chapters. AANS Medical Student Chapters provide early support and leadership training to medical students exploring a career in neurosurgery. The chapters will provide a forum for students to organize professional, educational and research activities within their medical schools, promote mentorship and facilitate participation at a national level for the next generation of neurosurgical leaders.
The AANS Leadership strongly believes in the mentorship and professional development of medical students, and we are committed to be a voice for medical students interested in neurosurgery. We look forward to this collaboration.
Apply Here > Click the application button to download the Medical Student Chapter application form. See below for further information regarding starting a chapter at your school.
- Access to AANS opportunities, events and AANS Medical Student membership for chapter members
- Assistance in developing relationships with local AANS members
- Early involvement in the AANS Mentorship program and invitation to the mentorship sessions and social events at the annual meeting
- Early involvement in AANS Young Neurosurgeons Committee leadership opportunities, meetings and projects
- Availability of AANS-sponsored information pertaining to neurosurgery as a career, residency training programs, research opportunities, awards, etc.
- Grants will be available for educational programs
Follow @youngneuros on Twitter to stay updated with the AANS Young Neurosurgeons Committee and new information regarding medical student chapters.
AANS Medical Student Chapter Rules & Regulations
Improving Medical Student Recruitment
Medical Student Resources
Click here to view more online resources we suggest for medical students.
Medical Students can register with the AANS to receive information on membership and meetings. Sign up now.