- Letter of recommendation from program director required. Details will be provided in registration form.
- Spouse/guests cannot earn CME credits nor attend any Practical Clinics or Breakfast Seminars. Presenters of any kind are not eligible to register as a guest or spouse.
- Every medical student must include a photocopy of his/her current medical student ID card.
- The commercial press category encompasses those writers and editors who represent for-profit publications that are circulated among the medical-device industry and the business community. Their purpose of attendance at the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting is to network and highlight the activities of device or pharmaceutical companies. Business, medical device and manufacturing publications that do not contain editorial content related to the scientific program (research) presented at the meeting fall into the category of "commercial press" publications. In addition, to qualify for this registration category, you must be on the editorial staff of the publication you represent. Sales or marketing personnel do not qualify for this reduced-fee registration category.
- Physician assistants (PAs) and nurses must provide a copy of his/her medical credentials.
- Every individual applying for the Developing Countries registration rate must provide a photocopy of his/her passport.
- AANS Military Members also receive complimentary housing at one of the official AANS hotels. Please contact the AANS Meetings Department at 847.378.0500 to reserve your complimentary housing after registering for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting.
AANS Online Meeting Recordings
Your 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting registration includes free online access to the full compilation of recorded meeting content. Nearly 250 captured presentations are planned for 2017 and will be available to stream online. Audio MP3 files can also be downloaded. All recorded content will be available online for two years.
Audio/Video Capture at the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
AANS plans to capture video, live stream video and/or take photographs at the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting. By registering/attending the meeting, you grant the AANS the right to use image, video and biography in print, electronic or other media. All postings become the property of the AANS and may be displayed, distributed or used by the AANS for any purpose. Attendees are prohibited from live streaming, photography and video capture without the consent of the AANS. The AANS is not responsible for unauthorized media capture performed by meeting attendees.
Your NPI at the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
As part of the health care reform legislation signed into law in March 2010, the Physician Payment Sunshine Act requires medical device, biologic and drug companies to publicly disclose gifts and payments made to physicians, beginning in 2013. For U.S. health care providers, companies must also report any payment or other transfer of items with a minimum value of $10/payment or $100/year to the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). The National Provider Identifier (NPI) number, a unique identification number assigned to each U.S. health care provider, will be used to record and track these transactions.
To facilitate a quick and accurate record of any transactions during the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting that may need to be tracked and recorded under the law, the AANS is requesting that U.S. health care providers supply their NPI number as part of their registration for the meeting. This information will not be printed on your badge, but will be included in your barcode-encoded data so that exhibitors can record and track any reportable transactions.
U.S. health care providers should understand that, although supplying your NPI number as part of your AANS Annual Scientific Meeting registration is voluntary, the reporting of transactions with companies under the Sunshine Act is mandatory.
Your NPI number is public; you may search the NPI Registry here:
All refunds will be processed and mailed following the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting. Refunds for meeting registrations and all ticketed events will be made in accordance with the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before March 27, 2017, will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee.
- Cancellations received between March 28, 2017, and April 14, 2017, will receive a full refund less a $100 processing fee.
- No refunds will be granted if received on or after April 15, 2017, or for no-shows.
Request for registration cancellation must be submitted by email to email@example.com, or in writing to :
AANS Registration Department
2651 Warrenville Rd, Suite 400
Downers Grove, IL 60515