Instructions on How to Access Presentation Invitations via MyAANS
To ensure compatibility, we recommend that you use Mozilla FireFox as your Web browser. A free download is available at www.mozilla.org.
- Visit MyAANS.org, and log in with your AANS user ID and password.
- Select My Meetings then Speaker Corner located in the dropbox.
- Select Speakers Corner
- Select 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting.
- (If needed) Update the Educational Disclosure Form: Identify whether or not you have any disclosures and click Save. This step is required for anyone presenting at the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting or displaying an Electronic Poster or the meeting APP.
- Click on the Invite button for scheduled presentation.
- Select either “I Agree and Accept” or “I Decline”, and click Save.
If you have forgotten your AANS login details, send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the Sessions in which you have been invited to participate, please contact the AANS Scientific Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
The AANS requires that the content of CME activities provide balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. Planning must be free of the influence or control of a commercial entity, and promote improvements or quality in healthcare. In addition, the content or format of a CME activity and its related materials must promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary commercial interest.
The AANS requires a conflict of interest (COI) disclosure form from all participating directors, faculty, moderators, panelist and presenters. The conflict of Interest Disclosure form must be completed prior to participation in the planning of any educational activity or participation in any CME activity. If you do not disclose, you will not be able to present at the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting.
Please note: AANS policy does not permit expense reimbursement.
As Presenting Author, if you accept to present either an Oral Presentation or an Electronic Poster you must register and attend the 2017 Annual meeting. Registration must be completed by Monday, March 27th, 2017. If the Presenting Author does not register by the listed date all accepted abstracts by the Presenting Author will be declined. If not able to assume responsibilities of Presenting Author, a Change of Presenting Author Form must be filled out by Monday, March 27th 2017 and returned before the name change can be completed.
The highest-ranked abstracts will be selected for presentation in one of our three Plenary Sessions, six Scientific Sessions or 12 Section Sessions. These sessions take place Monday through Wednesday of the meeting.
Rapid Fire Oral Presentations
These oral presentations are limited to 3 minutes and 10 slides. The sessions will be an hour long and be broken up by abstract category and take place Monday through Wednesday of the meeting. The presenting authors must submit a PDF file of their presentation by March 10, 2017 to be eligible to participate. Late submissions will not be accepted.
These abstracts are available through the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting App. The presenting authors will have the opportunity to submit a PDF file of the presentations by March 10, 2017, that will accompany the submitted abstract on the Meeting App. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Change of Presenting Author
Please complete the change of presenting author form. Then, forward the completed form to email@example.com. No change will be made without receipt of the completed form, including updated disclosure information. Deadline for submitting Change of Presenting Author forms: March 27, 2017.
Once invitations are accepted, information regarding the uploading of presentations to the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting Presentation Management Website for Oral and Electronic Posters will be sent out in January.
Presenting Authors are responsible for their own hotel and travel arrangements.
A full list of AANS meeting hotels can be accessed here
- Abstract Notifications — Emails will be sent in early January 2017 to each submission’s presenting author
- Rapid Fire Oral PDF Presentations Submitted to Freeman AV – Friday, March 10, 2017, at 5 p.m. CDT. Late submissions will not be accepted. There are no exceptions.
- Electronic Poster PDF Presentations Submitted to Freeman AV — Friday March 10, 2017, at 5 p.m. CDT. Late submissions will not be accepted. There are no exceptions.
- Deadline for “Change of Presenting Author” Form – Monday, March 27, 2017
- Deadline for Presenting Author to Complete Registration – Monday, March 27, 2017. The presenting author for Oral, Rapid Fire and Electronic Poster Presentations must be registered by this date.
- Oral Presentations Submitted to Freeman AV — Wednesday, April 12, 2017, at 5 p.m. CDT.