The Spetzler Symposium
State-of-the-art in Cerebrovascular, Skull Base, Craniovertebral Junction and Brain Tumor Surgery – A Scientific Tribute and Global Celebration
Thursday, April 20, 2017, 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Friday, April 21, 2017, 7:30 a.m.-6:45 p.m. Reception/Dinner: 7:30-10:30 p.m.
Los Angeles Convention Center
The Spetzler Symposium celebrates one of the most
accomplished and recognizable names in neurosurgery,
and will contain scientific content delivered via lectures,
2-D and 3-D videos, discussion panels, debates and more.
Over 75 national and international neurosurgical masters
and leaders in the field have committed to present at
and participate in this two-day event.
Robert F. Spetzler, MD, FAANS, is known across the globe.
He has broadly impacted both neurosurgical education
and its practice. To focus the symposium, we have chosen
to limit presentations to the four neurosurgical themes
to which he is most indelibly linked: craniovertebral
junction, skull base, complex/deep brain tumors and
More than 75 national and international neurosurgical masters and leaders in the field
have committed to present at and participate in this two-day event. See the latest list here.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this educational event, participants will be able to:
- Identify different pathologies at the craniovertebral junction.
- Choose the appropriate surgical approach for specific lesions of the craniovertebral junction.
- Differentiate various skull base lesions and understand the benefits and limitations of most available skull base approaches (open versus endoscopic).
- Apply the different open and endovascular methods to the treatment of intracranial aneurysms and vascular malformations.
- Familiarize themselves with the advanced techniques of brain mapping and surgical removal of gliomas.
View The Spetzler Symposium Program
AANS Member: $500
Resident/Medical Student Member: $350
Resident/Medical Student Non-member: $450
Guest Tickets for Friday Night Dinner: $155
20% discount available for Barrow Neurological
Institute (BNI) Alumni (former and current BNI Fellows and Residents)