The American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) and Neurosurgery Research and Education Foundation (NREF) invite you to attend the Second International Brain Mapping Course, hosted the two days immediately prior to the 2018 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting in New Orleans.
At this course, an international faculty presents advances, advantages and practical issues in contemporary preoperative and intraoperative brain mapping applications in brain tumor and functional neurosurgery.
Led by faculty from major international brain mapping centers. The Second International Brain Mapping Course will be presented in five sessions over two days:
- Session 1: Functional Anatomy, Physiology and Brain Mapping with Imaging
- Session 2: Dinner Session: Special Lecture- Dr. Gregory Hickok
- Session 3: Intraoperative and Extra-operative Mapping
- Session 4: Lunch Session: Controversies in Cortical Mapping (Expert panel discussion, case presentations)
- Session 5: Special Topics in Stimulation, Research Techniques, the Future of Brain Mapping
- Describe both the anatomic and functional anatomy of eloquent cortex.
- Explain the indications for brain mapping in neurosurgery.
- List the potential pitfalls in sensitivity and specificity in each brain mapping technique.
- Describe areas of developing research in brain mapping techniques and technology.