Second International Brain Mapping Course
An AANS Masters Course
April 26-27, 2018 | New Orleans
- Mitchel S. Berger, MD, FAANS, University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Richard W. Byrne, MD, FAANS, Rush University Medical Center
- Hugues Duffau, MD, Hôpital Gui de Chauliac
The AANS invites you to attend the Second International Brain Mapping Course, hosted the two days immediately prior to the 2018 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting in New Orleans.
At this course, an international faculty presents advances, advantages and practical issues in contemporary preoperative and intraoperative brain mapping applications in brain tumor and functional neurosurgery.
Led by faculty from major brain mapping centers in Europe, North America and Asia, the Second International Brain Mapping Course will be presented in four sessions over two days:
- Session 1: Functional Anatomy, Physiology and Brain Mapping With Anatomy and Imaging
- Session 2: Intra- and Extra-operative Mapping
- Session 3: Dinner Session: Case Discussions, Practical Aspects of Cortical Mapping
- Session 4: Special Topics in Cortical Stimulation, Research Techniques, the Future of Brain Mapping
- Describe both the anatomic and functional anatomy of eloquent cortex.
- Explain the indications for brain mapping in neurosurgery.
- List the potential pitfalls in sensitivity and specificity in each brain mapping technique.
- Describe areas of developing research in brain mapping techniques and technology.