The abstract center for the 2017 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting is currently closed.
Watch here for the 2018 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting abstract center to open in May, 2017.
Visit: www.myaans.org and log in to MyAANS.
AANS Members: You can log in to the abstract center using your MyAANS account username and password.
Non-members: If you have previously submitted an abstract, you may already have a username and password. If you cannot remember your username and password, please go here for assistance in getting that information. For registration purposes, it is critical that you do not create a duplicate membership record.
If you are not a member and have not used the abstract center before, you can create an account here.
- Presenting Author: Individual who is submitting the abstract. All correspondence will be done with the presenting author.
- Title: As an example, a properly formatted title would read: "Neurosurgery Research Principles and Dynamics," not "Neurosurgery research principles and dynamics."
- Abstract Body: This includes an Introduction, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- List Authors: A total of up to 12 list authors can be included. Their full names with credentials, city and state or country must be included.
- Presentation Preference: Please note whether the preferred format is an oral or an electronic presentation.
- Additional Information: This includes elements such as study design, award consideration, previous submission of abstract, previous presentation on abstract, sponsor (required) and FDA approval.
- Disclosure: This is required for presenting author, as well as agreement with Terms and Conditions.
- Review Work
A confirmation email will be sent after successful submission of the abstract.
Please note: Abstracts cannot contain advertising, trade names or a product-group message. Please include generic names or terms in your abstract content. If the abstract includes trade names, names from several companies should be used — not just trade names from a single company — to present all available treatment options. If trade names or company names are included in your abstract, the AANS reserves the right to remove them to ensure all scientific content is free from commercial bias.
Yes, you may make any edits until the submission deadline for each abstract center. Edits would include changing the title, adding or deleting authors or changing the abstract body. Once the review process begins, no changes to the submissions are allowed — no exceptions. Please note that any typographical or spelling errors, improperly formatted titles, etc., will not be edited by anyone at the AANS. It is the responsibility of the submitter to review and verify all work submitted.
Please remember: After making any changes or accessing the revise screen for any reason after the original submittal, the abstract must be RESUBMITED even if submitted previously. The Abstract Submittal Status must read COMPLETE if it is to be reviewed. After successful resubmission of the abstract you will receive a resubmission confirmation email.
No, the AANS does not allow for any of the above in the abstract submission process.
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
5550 Meadowbrook Drive
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008-3852
Phone: 847.378.0500 or 888.566.AANS (2267)
Search the library of historical abstracts submitted to the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting here.