Your Organization’s Role in Joint Providership
As you plan the educational content of your meeting, please remember to visit the AANS Joint Providership website, as many examples of required documents are available. While working with your AANS staff contact, it is your organization’s responsibility to ensure that all information is compliant with the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and submitted to AANS in a timely manner.
It is recommended that you use the provided timeline/checklist as a guide during the joint providership process. The AANS CME Activity Planning Worksheet is also helpful in gathering the required ACCME information and should be submitted as one of the filing documents.
While AANS staff is available to guide you along in the process, it is the sole responsibility of your organization to collect and submit all required materials to AANS.
Management of an activity (such as coordinating hotel logistics, registration and tabulating evaluations) is also the responsibility of your organization. The AANS can provide a tabulating service for your evaluations and possibly other management services at an additional fee(s).
The following is a brief summary of your responsibilities:
- Joint Providership Application
- $650 non-refundable application fee
- Data sources
- Preliminary budget
- All educational program planning materials and correspondence
- (e.g. meetings minutes, emails, invitation letters to speakers/faculty, etc.)
- Preliminary agenda
- Learning objectives
- List of all individuals who are educational content planners and/or abstract reviewers
- All advance promotional materials
- (e.g. brochures, invitations and flyers)
- Disclosure forms
- Needed from all speakers, abstract reviewers, educational content planner(s) and any others involved in the planning of the scientific program
- Resolution of Conflict of Interest forms
- This must be completed by someone other than the individual with the disclosure.
- Letters of Agreement from commercial supporters
- Inform AANS if you have no commercial support.
- Final program book
- Draft evaluation form
- Draft CME attendance verification form
- Collect and forward copies of the following to AANS:
- Printed hard-copy of the final program book distributed at your meeting
- Materials distributed on-site other than the program book (if any)
- Completed evaluation forms
- Send only the evaluation tabulations to AANS
- Completed CME attendance verification forms
- Send the original forms to AANS
- Verbal disclosures made on site (if any)
- Final attendance roster sent via email in Microsoft Excel
- Final budget
- Next year’s meeting dates, location and CME contact person
- Send AANS the joint providership service fee payment within 60 days after your meeting date