Candidates (Resident/Fellows) Membership
Candidates are MD or DO residents and fellows training in the U.S., Canada or Mexico, in an Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-certified training program.
- Verification of residency and anticipated end-date by the training program or American Board of Neurological Surgeons (ABNS) or by the neurosurgical training programs in Canada or Mexico
- Neurosurgical fellows who have who have not been AANS Candidate members and are doing a neurosurgical fellowship may apply for membership for the duration of their fellowship
- Earn up to 36 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ each year through Neurosurgical Focus
- Online educational sessions offering CME
- Subspecialty CME tracking and online transcripts through MyAANS.org
- Online subscriptions to offical journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group (JNSPG):
- Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine (JNS Spine)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics (JNS Pediatrics)
- Reduced registration for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Reduced registration rates for AANS educational courses and resources
- Free job search and discounted job postings in the AANS Online Career Center
- Members-only searchable directory
- Subspecialty section membership eligibility
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- Access to AANS Member Discount Programs
- Eligible to serve on AANS boards and committee
- Maintain current contact information with the AANS through MyAANS.org or via email at email@example.com
- Upon completing training, continued AANS membership will require completion of a membership application and AANS Board of Directors approval. Visit here to see member categories after completion of training.
If you have questions, please contact member services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847.378.0500 or toll-free at 888.566.2267.