Young Neurosurgeons Committee
The YNC meets the Monday of both the AANS and CNS meetings from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend this meeting including medical students.
An individual is elected to the YNC. A call for nominations goes out each summer – any AANS member can nominate someone for the YNC. To be eligible, the nominee must be still in training, under 40 years of age, or not yet board certified. Elections happen before the end of August with the voters being the AANS membership under 40 years of age.
- To be the representative group for all young neurosurgeons within organized neurosurgery.
- To encourage early involvement of young neurosurgeons in all activities of the AANS.
- To develop future leadership by promoting early participation of young neurosurgeons in the AANS committee structure.
- To work closely with the Council of State Neurosurgical Societies (CSNS) and encourage participation of young neurosurgeons in socioeconomic issues.
- To actively recruit and promote participation by young neurosurgeons in the annual AANS scientific program and publications.
- To convey to all young neurosurgeons concise and pertinent information regarding the Board of Directors actions and deliberations, CSNS, Washington Committee, sections, and other key AANS committee activities.
In addition to the above charges and goals, the Young Neurosurgeons Committee manages:
Medical Student Task Force
Public Service Citation (PDF)
AANS Annual Meeting Functions
Real World Course
Neurosurgical Top Gun Competition
Young Neurosurgeons Luncheon
AANS Marshals Committee