Young Neurosurgeons Committee
An individual can be nominated to the Young Neurosurgeons Committee (YNC) by any American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) member. A call for nominations goes out each summer. To be eligible, the nominee must still be in training, under 40 years of age or not yet board certified. Elections happen before the end of August, with AANS voters who are also under 40 years of age.
The YNC meets the Monday of the AANS and Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) meetings. Announcements for the meeting times will go out before the meeting and can be found in the program book. All are welcome to attend this meeting including medical students.
- To be the representative group for all young neurosurgeons within organized neurosurgery
- To encourage early involvement of young neurosurgeons in all activities of the AANS
- To develop future leadership by promoting early participation of young neurosurgeons in the AANS committee structure
- To work closely with the Council of State Neurosurgical Societies (CSNS) and encourage participation of young neurosurgeons in socioeconomic issues
- To actively recruit and promote participation by young neurosurgeons in the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting program and publications
- To convey to all young neurosurgeons concise and pertinent information regarding the Board of Directors, CSNS, Washington Committee, sections and other key AANS committee activities, actions and deliberations
In addition to the above charges and goals, the Young Neurosurgeons Committee manages: