Sunday, April 14
7:30 am - 11:30 am
031 Complication Avoidance in Intracranial Surgery
Advanced Practice Provider Fee: $315
Candidate and Medical Student Fee: $65
Director(s): Anil Nanda, MD, MPH, FAANS
Assistant Director(s): Gregory J. Zipfel, MD, FAANS
Faculty: Paul A. Gardner, MD, FAANS; Carl B. Heilman, MD, FAANS; Satoshi Kuroda, MD, PhD, IFAANS (Japan); Elad I. Levy, MD, FAANS, MBA; Michael J. Link, MD, FAANS; Akio Morita, MD, PhD, IFAANS (Japan); Nelson M. Oyesiku, MD, PhD, FAANS
This course will address anatomical and technical pit falls in a variety of intracranial lesions while discussing specifics in terms of management, preoperatively, intraoperatively, and postoperatively. Case vignettes will also be discussed on a variety of tumors and aneurysm cases in an interactive fashion.
- Discuss Anatomical and technical pitfalls to a variety of intracranial lesions.
- Discuss approaches in complication avoidance, including intraoperative rupture with aneurysms.
- Discuss management in complications with intracranial vasospasm.
- Discuss complications with management of skull base meningiomas/gliomas/ acoustic neuromas.
- Discuss complication avoidance with transsphenoidal pituitary surgery/ endonasal endoscopy.