Tuesday, April 16
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Overlook A; Eddie V Prime Seafood
277 Time For Change: The Future of Neurosciences Delivery and Integration
Moderator(s): Erol Veznedaroglu, MD, FAANS
Panelist(s): Elad I. Levy, MD, FAANS, MBA; Neil A. Martin, MD; Peter A. Rasmussen, MD, FAANS
Traditional models of neurosurgical care delivery are being challenged by innovations in organization, technology and financial models. This symposium will explore new models of reaching patients through telemedicine and new arrangements that allow neurosurgeons to overcome the limitations of outdated “private practice” or “academic” divisions.
- Discuss the challenges of integration in the new era of Healthcare.
- Implement Changes In His or Her Department to better utilize resources for better patient care and Outreach.
- Identify the Evolution of “Disease Based” Neurosurgical Care in an Integrated “Neuroscience Institute”.
- Summarize the ways Physicians can better collaborate with Industry in their respective Health Care Institutions for more comprehensive patient care and education.
- Discuss the Challenges and Benefits of a Combined Academic/Private Faculty Plan.
Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Eddie V’s is a charming establishment that serves the finest seafood, steaks and world-class wine while live jazz plays in the V lounge. Fish arrive daily from pristine waters around the world and USDA Prime steaks are hand cut and specially aged peak flavor to prepare the finest meals. Artwork, décor and ocean views unique to San Diego provide an enjoyable setting to dine and mingle.