Sunday, April 26
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Advanced Practice Providers Plenary Session
This session will cover a variety of clinical topics pertinent to advanced practice providers in neurosurgery. The Plenary Session will also serve as a forum for the presentation of research within the specialty of neurosurgery submitted by advanced practice providers.
- Discuss the process and value of molecular profiling in brain tumors including the ability to improve diagnostic accuracy and enable target identification. The role of target therapy as a treatment option will also be addressed.
- Discuss topics in functional neurosurgery including the various types of movement disorders and the role of surgical intervention in their treatment. Identify the role of surgery in the treatment of epilepsy, in particular, the importance of patient selection.
- Discuss surgical treatments for the pediatric patient with hydrocephalus and compare the outcomes in those patients treated with conventional shunting to those treated with endoscopic third ventriculostomy.
- Discuss how the use of anticoagulants/antiplatlet medications impact patients in both emergent and non-emergent operative situations and the different available drugs used in anticoagulation and reversal agents.
- Discuss non-aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage and the etiology, workup/management of these patients. Discuss signs/symptoms, diagnostic studies, surgical management and neurosurgery’s role in the treatment of Idiopathic intracranial hypertension.