Sunday, April 29
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
AANS Opening Reception at Generations Hall
Originally built as a sugar mill in the 1820's, Generation Hall now embodies the traditional New Orleans elegant ambiance and style. Decorated with artwork depicting the history of New Orleans jazz by prominent artists George Schmidt and Xavier deCallatay, this venue offers a glimpse into a bygone era. Don't miss the opportunity to Second Line from the Opening Ceremonies at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center to Generations Hall, it is an experience not to be missed.
Enjoy lively Jazz music performed by local artists and a returning favorite, the Neurosurgical Jazz Quintet plus one, playing in room 3.
This historic venue offers an evening of unique experiences exclusive to New Orleans. Delight in the southern hospitality and delicious cuisine of the French Quarter while networking with colleagues.
A ticket is required for this event. One ticket to the Opening Reception is included in attendee, spouse and guest registrations. Additional tickets are available for purchase.
Bussing Provided from the Following Official AANS Hotels from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- New Orleans Marriott
- Astor Crowne Plaza-New Orleans French Quarter
- Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
- The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans
- Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville
- Le Meridien New Orleans
- Windsor Court Hotel
- InterContinental New Orleans
- Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
- Omni Royal Crescent
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside
- Loews New Orleans Hotel
- Renaissance New Orleans Art Warehouse District Hotel
- Embassy Suites by Hilton New Orleans Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans – Convention Center
- New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center