NREF Awards 2021 Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship
The NREF Board of Directors is pleased to announce the 2021 recipients of the NREF Medical Student Summer Research Fellowships.
With ongoing support from Aaron Cohen-Gadol, MD, MBA, FAANS, of royalties from the sale of the COHEN™ Bipolar Forceps from Kirwan Surgical Products to the Medical Student Summer Research Fund at the NREF, the foundation was able to award 21 medical student fellowships this year.
The Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship (MSSRF) program offers fellowships in the amount of $2,500 to medical students in the U.S., Canada or Mexico who have completed one or more years of medical school and wish to spend a summer working in a neurosurgical laboratory, mentored by a neurosurgical investigator sponsor who is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS).
Annually, these fellowships go to the brightest and most dedicated students, whose research projects are aimed at the better understanding, treatment and prevention of neurological disorders and improved patient care.
NREF & Aaron Cohen-Gadol Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship Recipients
- Tara Dalton, Duke University
- Rachel Gologorsky, NYU Langone Health
- Katherine Link, BS, NYU Langone
- Patrick Ng, BS, BA, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Alexandra J. White, Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute
2021 NREF Medical Student Summer Research Fellowship Recipients
- Oluwaseyi Adeuyan, The Neurological Institute at NYP/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Jonathan Bao, Albany Medical College
- Megan Bauman, Mayo Clinic
- Eric Chalif, BS, University of California, San Francisco
- Sung Min (Jane) Han, MS, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
- Marita Ann John, Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Aditi Kulkarni, University of Minnesota
- Bennett Levy, GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences / University of Buffalo
- Alice Liu, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Ian Mandybur, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Danielle McAuliffe, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University / National Institutes of Health
- Anthony Piscopo, BS, University of Iowa
- Je Yeong Sone, BA, University of Chicago Medicine and Biological Sciences
- Yohannes Tsehay, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Bradley Wilhelmy, The University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Daniel Yang Zhang, Rush Medical College
For information about NREF grant and fellowship programs, contact the NREF at 847.378.0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.