Uploading Your E-Poster
Before Getting Started:
Please make sure that your web browser and Flash plugin have been updated to the most recent versions. You can check/update your Flash here.
NOTE: MAC Users May Experience Issues Uploading Using the Safari Browser
When using the Safari Browser, after you log in, you may notice when trying to select a file to upload a file, all files are greyed out. To work around this issue please use one of the following browsers that we have tested and confirm work properly to upload files on a MAC. Chrome or FireFox
Prior to uploading your Presentation, please read the "E-Poster Guidelines" shown below.
E-Posters need to be submitted no later than Monday, March 11, 2019.
How to Login:
You will receive an email with a link to log in. If you are unable to find this email or do not remember your password, please follow the Forget Your Password?" link on the log in page. When you enter your email address and click "Send Email", a link to log in will be sent to the email address on file. If you are still having trouble please email us here: PresentationManagement@freemanco.com
What is an E-Poster and where will it be available?
An E-Poster is a multi-media approach to presenting scientific research, and it will be available for viewing on the AANS 360 App. The E-Poster may include text, figures, and images.
What information should be included in an E-Poster and how to prepare an E-Poster?
- The accepted format for the E-Poster uploads are PDF files.
- Within the E-Poster file, it is possible to embed photos and graphic files (e.g. .jpeg, .gif, and .png). Keep in mind the more images, the larger the actual file, the longer it will take to upload to the E-Poster Presentation Management System. If uploading a large file please be patient and allow the file to upload.
- Do not submit videos or animations.
- All pages must be in landscape format.
- E-Posters are limited to a maximum of 10 pages.
Company logos are not permitted anywhere in the E-Poster presentation.
- The ACCME requires that all educational materials that are part of a CME activity, such as slides, abstracts and handouts, cannot contain any advertising, corporate logo, trade name or product-group message of an ACCME-defined commercial interest. Disclosure of commercial support must never include the use of a trade name, a product-group message or a logo of an ACCME-defined commercial interest.
- Page 1: Title – must include poster number, title, all supporting authors
Page 2: Disclosure slide
- The disclosure page should be made with the disclosure information provided by the presenting author at the time of the abstract submission. You can review your disclosure information on https://myaans.aans.org/ (My Membership/Disclosures)
- Page 3: Introduction (1 Page)
- Page 4: Methods (1 Page)
- Page 5-8: Results (1-4 Pages)
- Page 9: Discussion (1 Page)
- Page 10: Summary Points (1 Page)
- Keep text and legends brief.
- Use bold type, at least 1/4-inch high (22 pt type minimum to ensure legibility. Make all print dark in block style on a light background (preferably white).
- Charts, drawings, and illustrations should be as simple as possible, and avoid overly ornate presentations. Block lettering adds emphasis and clarity.
- If you have more than one E-Poster accepted at the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting, please be sure you are referencing the correct poster number when preparing and uploading your PDF Presentations.
- All E-Posters MUST register for the 2019 AANS Annual Scientific Meeting by Tuesday, February 26, 2019 even if you do not upload. All E-Posters not registered by the deadline will be withdrawn. No exceptions
How can I upload my E-Poster?
- You will receive a registration email with instructions and a link to create an account from PresentationManagement@freemanco.com. Initial access to the E-Poster Presentation Management System must be made via the link provided. (Please add this to your approved email list to ensure delivery).
- Please save your E-Poster - use your POSTER_ID_LAST NAME (i.e., 1001_Johnson).
- Follow instructions on the Website Guidelines to upload your E-Poster.
- After uploading your file, a PDF version will be generated automatically. Please take files out of “Read-only” or “Protected” mode before uploading.
- Each E-Poster is handled as its own entry so please be aware of uploading E-Poster material to the appropriate entry. Confirm that the uploaded materials have been saved then log off the site.
How can I upload a new version of my E-Poster?
- Please click the trashcan icon to remove the existing E-Poster file before uploading a new version. If the new version has and identical file name the existing E-Poster will be automatically overwritten.
How to back up files
- Although we take every precaution to ensure files are not corrupted during the file upload, it is always recommended that you save a backup copy of your E-Poster on your computer. You may make changes through Monday, March 11, 2019. You can upload as many versions of the document as you’d like up until this date. No changes or revisions will be allowed after this date. There are no accommodations for uploading E-Posters on-site.
Each E-Poster has its own unique poster number, please make sure that if you have more than one E-Poster that you are uploading the PDF file to the correct abstract submission.
E-Posters can be looked up by poster number, title, category, keywords, or presenting author name.