Neurosurgery Comments on Medicare Hospital-ASC Proposed Rule
On Oct. 5, the AANS and the CNS submitted comments to CMS regarding the 2021 Medicare Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS)/Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) proposed rule. Our comments focused on the following topics:
- Eliminating the inpatient-only list;
- Prior authorization for spine and neurostimulator procedures;
- New C-APC 5465 (Level 5 Neurostimulator and Related Products);
- Physician-owned hospitals;
- Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting Program; and
- Expansion of the ASC list.
Click here to read the letter.