Check Your Open Payments Data Today
In June, CMS will publish the Open Payments Program Year 2020 data and updates to the 2019 data. Neurosurgeons are encouraged to immediately review and dispute any data errors, keeping in mind the following:
- Disputes must be initiated by May 15 to be reflected in the June 2021 data publication;
- CMS does not meditate or facilitate disputes — physicians and teaching hospitals should work directly with reporting entities to resolve disputes; and
- Registration in the Open Payments system is required to participate in review and dispute activities.
To register with Open Payments, physicians will need their National Provider Identifier and State License Number. Initial registration is a two-step process:
- Register in the CMS Identity Management System; and
- Register in the Open Payments system.
For more information on review and dispute timing and publication, refer to the Review and Dispute Timing and Data Publication Quick Reference Guide.