From Cranial to Spine: An Overview of Neurosurgical Topics for the Advanced Practice Provider
The purpose of this course is to provide physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and other advanced practice providers (APPs) with an overview of a wide spectrum of neurosurgical topics through lectures and case studies. This course offers a diverse range of neurosurgeon and APP faculty to give each attendee a unique learning experience. Each year, the course grows and adapts to meet the needs of advanced practice providers based on feedback and popular requests.
This year, From Cranial to Spine has three optional courses designed to instruct and meet the needs of advanced practice providers.
- New to Neurosurgery Workshop This session is designed for recent graduates or those new to the neurosurgical setting. This full day workshop will address pertinent anatomy and neuroimaging.
- Essential Neurosurgical Skills This hands-on practical clinic covers a variety of the essential neurosurgical skills in a small group setting. This session will cover topics such as EVDs, cranial shunts, lumbar puncture and tong application.
- Advanced Neuroimaging This half day practical clinic will cover a variety of neuroimaging techniques and interpretation skills. This didactic clinic provides APPs with a strong neuroimaging knowledge base the opportunity to expand their experience. All attendees are expected to have a working knowledge of neuroimaging. Faculty will assume attendees completed the Intro to Neuroimaging: Spine webinar, Intro to Neuroimaging: Cranial webinar, and New to Neurosurgery Workshop.
Don’t wait to sign up – space is limited.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss emerging technologies as well as treatment paradigms for spine, cerebrovascular and functional neurosurgical conditions.
- Discuss therapies that are ordered by neurosurgeons for a variety of conditions.
- Review what is new research in cardiovascular surgery and the implications for practice
The AANS is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education (CME) for physicians.
The AANS designates this live activity for a maximum of 26.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Count Breakdown:
- New to Neurosurgery Workshop: 7.25 CME
- General Session: 15.0 CME
- Practical Clinics: 4.0 CME
Nursing Contact Hours
This activity has been submitted to the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91) for approval to award contact hours. The Ohio Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
Aug. 8-11, 2018
JW Marriott Los Angeles LA Live
|General Registration:||$575 AANS Member||$625.00 Non-member|
|New to Neurosurgery Workshop:||$125 AANS Member||$175 Non-member|
|Practical Clinics:||Essential Neurosurgical Skills = $200 AANS Member/$250 Non-member||Advanced Neuroimaging = $200 AANS Member/$250 Non-member|
JW Marriott Los Angeles LA Live
900 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Room Rate: $189 per night
Reservation Deadline: July 17, 2018
Registrants are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. Please identify the AANS course you will be attending when making your hotel reservations. While a sufficient number of rooms have been set aside at the hotel for course registrants, there are occasions when the room block sells out prior to the cut-off date. Please make your hotel reservations as early as possible. Reservations made after the course registration deadline will be accepted on a space-available basis and may not qualify for discounted rates.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. All registrants will receive a letter of confirmation from the AANS within 10 days of receipt of their registration. Should you fail to receive a letter of confirmation prior to departure, please contact the AANS Department of Education and Meetings at 888.566.2267.
For cancelling your registration, practical clinic or workshop, please refer to the registration confirmation that outlines the cancellation policy for all events.