About the AANS
Founded in 1931 as the Harvey Cushing Society, the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) is a scientific and educational association with more than 10,000 members worldwide.
The AANS is dedicated to advancing the specialty of neurological surgery in order to provide the highest quality of neurosurgical care to the public. Fellows of the AANS are board-certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or the Mexican Council of Neurological Surgery, A.C.
Neurosurgery is the medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of disorders that affect the spinal column, spinal cord, brain, nervous system and peripheral nerves.
The American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) is the organization that speaks for all of neurosurgery. The AANS is dedicated to advancing the specialty of neurological surgery in order to promote the highest quality of patient care.
- The AANS will ensure that neurosurgeons are recognized as the preeminent providers of quality care to patients with surgical disorders that affect the nervous system.
- The AANS will work to expand the scope of neurosurgical care as new technologies and treatments of neurological disorders become available.
- The AANS will be the organization speaking for neurosurgery through its communications and interactions with the public, media, government, medical communities and third party payors.
- The AANS will be its members’ principal resource for professional interaction, practice information and education.
- The AANS will promote and support appropriate clinical and basic science to expand the scope of neurosurgical practice.
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
5550 Meadowbrook Drive
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
847.378.0500 or 1.888.566.AANS (2267)