Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group
Check out just some of the articles in the February issues!
All the articles listed below are freely accessible.
Journal of Neurosurgery Volume 134: Issue 2 (February 2021)
- Risk factors for developing subdural hematoma: a registry-based study in 1457 patients with shunted idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus
Authors: Johan Gasslander, Nina Sundström, Anders Eklund, Lars-Owe D. Koskinen, and Jan Malm
- Endoscopic approaches to orbital lesions: case series and systematic literature review
Authors: Matteo Zoli, Giacomo Sollini, Laura Milanese, Emanuele La Corte, Arianna Rustici, Federica Guaraldi, Sofia Asioli, Luigi Cirillo, Ernesto Pasquini, and Diego Mazzatenta
Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine Volume 34: Issue 2 (February 2021)
- The short-term outcomes of minimally invasive decompression surgery in patients with lumbar ossification or calcification of the ligamentum flavum
Authors: Koji Tamai, Kunikazu Kaneda, Masayoshi Iwamae, Hidetomi Terai, Hiroshi Katsuda, Nagakazu Shimada, and Hiroaki Nakamura
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for spinal metastases: a novel local control stratification by spinal region
Authors: Roman O. Kowalchuk, Michael R. Waters, K. Martin Richardson, Kelly Spencer, James M. Larner, William H. McAllister, Jason P. Sheehan, and Charles R. Kersh
Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics Volume 27: Issue 2 (February 2021)
- Artificial intelligence for automatic cerebral ventricle segmentation and volume calculation: a clinical tool for the evaluation of pediatric hydrocephalus
Authors: Jennifer L. Quon, Michelle Han, Lily H. Kim, Mary Ellen Koran, Leo C. Chen, Edward H. Lee, Jason Wright, Vijay Ramaswamy, Robert M. Lober, Michael D. Taylor, Gerald A. Grant, Samuel H. Cheshier, John R. W. Kestle, Michael S. B. Edwards, and Kristen W. Yeom
- Thalamic deep brain stimulation for acquired dystonia in children and young adults: a phase 1 clinical trial
Authors: Marta San Luciano, Amy Robichaux-Viehoever, Kristen A. Dodenhoff, Melissa L. Gittings, Aaron C. Viser, Caroline A. Racine, Ian O. Bledsoe, Christa Watson Pereira, Sarah S. Wang, Philip A. Starr, and Jill L. Ostrem
Journal of Neurosurgery: Case Lessons Volume 1: Issues 5-8 (February)
All articles in JNS: Case Lessons are open access and freely available.
- Cerebellar high-grade glioma with H3 K27M mutation: illustrative case
Authors: Mikiko Takahashi, Yusuke Tomita, Shoko Merrit Yamada, Kazuto Yamazaki, Hideaki Yokoo, Tatsuya Aso, and Masashi Kawamoto
- Intraoperative contrast-enhanced ultrasound for intramedullary spinal neoplasms: patient series
Authors: Ariana Barkley, Lynn B. McGrath Jr., and Christoph P. Hofstetter
- Endovascular selective hypothermia facilitates giant aneurysm clipping: illustrative case
Authors: Thomas K. Mattingly, Pablo Lopez-Ojeda, Miguel Arango, Chris Harle, Nirmal Kakani, Peter Allen, Barbara Lehrbass, and Stephen P. Lownie
Volume 50: Issue 2 (February 2021): Gene and Viral Therapy for Glioblastoma Multiforme
All articles in Neurosurgical Focus are freely available.
According to the topic editors, E. Antonio Chiocca, MD, PhD, FAANS; Frederick F. Lang, MD, FAANS; and James M. Markert, MD, FAANS:
“The mode of action of this therapy depends on expression of genes (be it from gene therapy or viral genes from an oncolytic virus) in the GBM microenvironment to cause cytotoxic and immunogenic cell death, leading to an adaptive immune response against tumor. The reports in this issue encompass a snapshot of the field: approaches such as oncolytic herpes simplex virus 1–mediated delivery, oncolytic adenovirus, oncolytic Newcastle disease virus, and oncolytic vesicular stomatitis virus. The strategies discussed in these papers represent a few of the many approaches for GBM that are being tested, some in clinical trials. Novel delivery methods (such as intra-arterial delivery) are also discussed. To provide the reader with an appreciation of the plethora of approaches currently under investigation, several review articles on the topic are also included.”