Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group
Check out just some of the articles in the June issues!
Note: All the articles listed below are freely accessible.
Journal of Neurosurgery Volume 134: Issue 6 (June 2021)
- Seizure and neuropsychological outcomes in a large series of selective amygdalohippocampectomies with a minimally invasive subtemporal approach
Alexander C. Whiting, Tsinsue Chen, Kyle I. Swanson, Corey T. Walker, Jakub Godzik, Joshua S. Catapano, and Kris A. Smith
- Triple motor mapping: transcranial, bipolar, and monopolar mapping for supratentorial glioma resection adjacent to motor pathways
Andrew J. Gogos, Jacob S. Young, Ramin A. Morshed, Lauro N. Avalos, Roger S. Noss, Javier E. Villanueva-Meyer, Shawn L. Hervey-Jumper, and Mitchel S. Berger
- Development and external validation of a clinical prediction model for functional impairment after intracranial tumor surgery
Victor E. Staartjes, Morgan Broggi, Costanza Maria Zattra, Flavio Vasella, Julia Velz, Silvia Schiavolin, Carlo Serra, Jiri Bartek Jr., Alexander Fletcher-Sandersjöö, Petter Förander, Darius Kalasauskas, Mirjam Renovanz, Florian Ringel, Konstantin R. Brawanski, Johannes Kerschbaumer, Christian F. Freyschlag, Asgeir S. Jakola, Kristin Sjåvik, Ole Solheim, Bawarjan Schatlo, Alexandra Sachkova, Hans Christoph Bock, Abdelhalim Hussein, Veit Rohde, Marike L. D. Broekman, Claudine O. Nogarede, Cynthia M. C. Lemmens, Julius M. Kernbach, Georg Neuloh, Oliver Bozinov, Niklaus Krayenbühl, Johannes Sarnthein, Paolo Ferroli, Luca Regli, Martin N. Stienen, and FEBNS
- Risk of tumor recurrence in intracranial meningiomas: comparative analyses of the predictive value of the postoperative tumor volume and the Simpson classification
Dorothee Cäcilia Spille, Katharina Hess, Eike Bormann, Cristina Sauerland, Caroline Brokinkel, Nils Warneke, Christian Mawrin, Werner Paulus, Walter Stummer, and Benjamin Brokinkel
- Contralateral interoptic approach to paraclinoid aneurysms: a patient-selection algorithm based on anatomical investigation and clinical validation
Xiaochun Zhao, Ali Tayebi Meybodi, Mohamed A. Labib, Sirin Gandhi, Evgenii Belykh, Komal Naeem, Mark C. Preul, Peter Nakaji, and Michael T. Lawton
Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine Volume 34: Issue 6 (June 2021)
- Clinical outcomes of nonoperatively managed degenerative cervical myelopathy: an ambispective longitudinal cohort study in 117 patients
Allan R. Martin, Sukhvinder Kalsi-Ryan, Muhammad A. Akbar, Anna C. Rienmueller, Jetan H. Badhiwala, Jefferson R. Wilson, Lindsay A. Tetreault, Aria Nouri, Eric M. Massicotte, and Michael G. Fehlings
- Late-week surgery and discharge to specialty care associated with higher costs and longer lengths of stay after elective lumbar laminectomy
Sebastian Salas-Vega, Vikram B. Chakravarthy, Robert D. Winkelman, Matthew M. Grabowski, Ghaith Habboub, Jason W. Savage, Michael P. Steinmetz, and Thomas E. Mroz
- Cobalt-chromium versus titanium alloy rods for correction of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis based on 1-year follow-up: a multicenter randomized controlled clinical trial
Daisuke Sakai, Masato Tanaka, Jun Takahashi, Yuki Taniguchi, Jordy Schol, Akihiko Hiyama, Haruo Misawa, Shugo Kuraishi, Hiroki Oba, Yoshitaka Matsubayashi, So Kato, Ryo Sugawara, Masato Sato, Masahiko Watanabe, and Katsushi Takeshita
Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics Volume 27: Issue 6 (June 2021)
- Evaluation of smartphone-integrated magnetometers in detection of safe electromagnetic devices for use near programmable shunt valves: a proof-of-concept study
Smruti K. Patel, Jorge Zamorano-Fernández, Carlie McCoy, and Jesse Skoch
- Targeting accuracy of robot-assisted deep brain stimulation surgery in childhood-onset dystonia: a single-center prospective cohort analysis of 45 consecutive cases
Luciano Furlanetti, Jonathan Ellenbogen, Hortensia Gimeno, Laura Ainaga, Vijay Narbad, Harutomo Hasegawa, Jean-Pierre Lin, Keyoumars Ashkan, and Richard Selway
Journal of Neurosurgery: Case Lessons Volume 1 (June 2021)
All articles in JNS: Case Lessons are open access and freely available. The following shows a small sample.
- Cloward’s approach for Pancoast neurogenic tumors: illustrative cases
Yi-Hsuan Kuo, Po-Kuei Hsu, Jau-Ching Wu, Wen-Cheng Huang, and Tsung-Hsi Tu
- Concomitant central venous sinus thrombosis and subdural hematoma in acute promyelocytic leukemia: middle meningeal artery embolization enables safe anticoagulation. Illustrative case
Kushagra Maini, Feroze Afzal, Dan-Victor Giurgiutiu, Scott Y. Rahimi, Manan Shah, Jeffrey A. Switzer, Fernando L. Vale, and Klepper Alfredo Garcia
- Feasibility and safety of partial resection of the anterior insular cortex for microsurgical treatment of middle cerebral artery aneurysms located in the limen recess: patient series
Yosuke Akamatsu, Hiroshi Kashimura, Shunrou Fujiwara, Yoshitaka Kubo, and Kuniaki Ogasawara
- Management of giant prolactinoma causing craniocervical instability: illustrative case
Arunit J. S. Chugh, Mohit Patel, Lorayne Chua, Baha Arafah, Nicholas C. Bambakidis, and Abhishek Ray
Neurosurgical Focus Volume 50: Issue 6 (June 2021)
All articles in Neurosurgical Focus are freely available.
Topic Editors: Allan D. Levi, MD, PhD, FAANS; Christopher I. Shaffrey, MD, FAANS; Regis W. Haid, MD, FAANS; Scott D. Boden, MD; Michelle J. Clarke, MD, FAANS; and Marcus D. Mazur, MD
In their introduction to the June issue, the topic editors state:
The current issue of Neurosurgical Focus focuses on the clinical indications, safety, cost, and surgical outcomes of many commonly used spine osteobiologics on the market. Insights are provided on a range of topics, including dosage, cost, and use of bone morphogenetic protein to treat pediatric patients and those with deformity, as well as the use of cellular allograft materials and bone graft substitutes. An excellent review of the impact of medications used to treat osteoporosis in the perioperative fusion period is also presented.