Show Your Support of Neurosurgery
With your contributions to NREF, the torch is lit to illuminate the world of neurosurgery. Donations help fund cutting-edge research and develop the next generation of neurosurgeons to provide the highest quality of patient care.
Here are the options available for making a donation to NREF:
Mobile Text “NEUROSURGERY” TO 41444 and follow the prompts to make a donation.
Mail Send a check made payable to the "Neurosurgery Research & Education Foundation" to:
Neurosurgery Research & Education Foundation (NREF)
7661 Eagle Way, Chicago, IL 60678-1076
Reminder: If paying by check, please include a note in the memo field that directs your donation to the desired fund. Receipts for your tax-deductible donation will be made out to the payor on the check. Donations from institutions on behalf of an individual should include the individual donor's name on the check, so the contribution can be properly recorded.
Support the NREF When You Shop on Amazon
How to shop AmazonSmile:
- Visit smile.amazon.com.
- Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials.
- Select “Neurosurgery Research and Education Foundation” as the charitable organization to receive donations.
- Start shopping!
- Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. When shopping on the web, always check your browser to ensure you are shopping using the smile.amazon.com website.
How to turn on AmazonSmile within the mobile app:
- If you are not already an AmazonSmile member, sign up on your web browser. See instructions above.
- Download the app or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
- Turn on AmazonSmile by opening the app and find “Settings” in the main menu (☰). Tap on “AmazonSmile” and follow the on-screen instructions. When you are using the app, always check for the “AmazonSmile” logo to ensure you are activated for AmazonSmile.
The NREF offers donors a variety of Charitable Planning Strategies, including planned gifts, bequests, stock transfers, royalties and more. Individuals should talk with their personal tax advisor or financial planner to determine which charitable giving strategy is best.
Memorials & Tributes
The Celebrate a Life program is an opportunity for neurosurgeons, patients and their families and friends to make a gift in support of neurosurgical education and research, while allowing them to honor someone special in their life or the memory of someone who is no longer with them.
Individuals can contribute to the NREF through a Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) – a philanthropic vehicle that allows donors to make a charitable contribution, receive an immediate tax benefit and then recommend distribution from the fund to the NREF over time.
If your employer has a matching gift program, please obtain the proper forms from your personnel office.