President Biden Releases National COVID-19 Plan
On Jan. 21, President Joseph R. Biden released his administration’s national COVID-19 plan, the “National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness.” This roadmap outlines an actionable plan across the federal government to address the pandemic. The White House will establish a COVID-19 Response Office responsible for coordinating the pandemic response across all federal departments and agencies to execute the plan. President Biden also signed several executive orders aimed at addressing the pandemic, including:
- An executive order to improve and expand access to care and treatment for COVID-19;
- An executive order to ensure a data-response to COVID-19;
- An executive order directing immediate actions to secure necessary supplies;
- An executive order requiring the federal government to identify and eliminate health and social inequities; and
- An executive order to establish a Pandemic Testing Board.