Joint Providership Fee Information
In addition to a $750 non-refundable application fee (that is due at the time the application is submitted), your organization will be charged a service fee for the joint providership services provided by AANS staff. If all information and required documentation is received within the provided timeline, $500 will be deducted from the service fee and applicable late fee penalties. The service fee and applicable late fee penalties will be billed to your organization following the activity and is calculated per the number of attendees at your CME activity as outlined in the chart below:
|Application Fees||Standard Fee||Late Fee Penalty|
|Application Processing Fee||$750||NA|
|Express Application Fee: Submitting Joint Provider application less than 6 months from CME activity date (due at time of submission, along with non-refundable application fee)||NA||$1,000|
|Fees for Approved Applications||Standard Fee||Late Fee Penalty|
|Joint Providership Service Fee (Based on number of attendees per meeting)||$3,100-$4200||NA|
|Submitting copies of advance promotional materials for AANS approval less than 1-month prior to event.||NA||$250|
|Submitting disclosure forms for all speakers and planners of CME activity less than 1-month prior to event.||NA||$1,500|
|Submitting mitigation of conflict of interest forms less than 2-weeks prior to event.||NA||$2,000|
|Submitting Letters of Agreement (LOA) for Commercial Support received for activity any later than day before the event.||NA||$1,000 per LOA|
|Submitting final attendance roster later than 2 days after CME event.||NA||$500|
- AANS can provide meeting management services or evaluation tabulations at an additional fee.
- At the discretion of the AANS, an AANS staff representative may be present at your activity at the expense of your organization.
- AANS reserves the right to request an additional fee for non-neurosurgeon physicians attending any jointly provided activity.
Complete ALL items by the due dates, and $500 will be taken off your joint providership fee.
Upon review and approval of your joint providership application, the AANS staff will provide you with your meeting’s timeline. This timeline specifies due dates for your required joint providership materials. Although material is approved and returned as soon as possible, it is recommended to allow at least three to four days for reviewing joint providership material.
All material must be approved prior to printing for ACCME requirements by the AANS staff. Submitting material past the due dates will forfeit your $500 bonus.
Below is the format we will use to customize your specific deadlines based on your meeting dates.
The following is due 6 months prior to the date of your meeting:
- Completed AANS Joint Providership application & application fee. The completed application includes your preliminary budget and data sources.
The following is due 1 month prior to the date of your meeting:
- Advance Promotional Materials – brochures/flyers, etc.
- Signed disclosure forms
- Evaluation form
The following is due 3 weeks prior to the date of your meeting:
- Final Program Book
The following is due 2 weeks prior to the date of your meeting:
- Completed mitigation of conflict of interest forms – only applies for individuals who report a relationship with an ineligible company on their disclosure form. Samples of both forms are provided by the AANS.
The following is due 1 day prior to the date of your meeting:
- Signed Letters of Agreement for Commercial Support. Sample agreement forms are provided by the AANS. If you do not have any commercial support please let the AANS know.
The following is due within 2 days after your meeting date:
- Final attendance roster, sent via email in Microsoft Excel - please include how many physicians and non-physicians there were in attendance.
The following is due within 60 days after your meeting date:
- Electronic version of the program book that was distributed at your meeting.
- Material distributed on-site other than the program book (if any)
- Final attendance roster, sent via email in Microsoft Excel - including number of physicians and non-physicians there were in attendance.
- CME attendance verification forms – required in order to process CME certificates
- Final financial accounting - including revenue, expenses, commercial support, exhibitor fees, total net revenue/loss, along with the detailed accounting of the final budget.
- Evaluation Summary
The above ACCME requirements are in order for the AANS to provide CME for each jointly provided meeting. Failure to meet the ACCME requirements will result in loss of accreditation for your meeting.