Monday, April 15
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Elephant Odyssey; San Diego Zoo
Young Neurosurgeons Evening at the San Diego Zoo
Supported by Medtronic and NeurosurgeryPAC.
An evening designed for the entire family at the renowned San Diego Zoo. Upon arrival at the zoo, you will pass through the lion exhibit on your way to the Elephant Odyssey exhibit and dining area. You will experience the elephant’s living quarters up close and personal as well as interact with zoo keepers at the Lion Exhibit and Elephant “pedicure” location. In addition, the evening will include several fascinating exotic animal presentations, which will begin at 7 p.m. in the dining area.
Shuttle busing from the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, Pacific Ballroom Entrance will depart at 6:15 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 7 p.m. Return buses will depart the zoo at 8 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.
The following items are prohibited:
- Any transportation device not otherwise approved as a mobility device
- E-cigarettes or Vapes
- Suitcases or similar bags with wheels
Due to heightened awareness and restrictions concerning Hoof and Mouth Disease, any guests who have been outside the United States up to one week prior to the program will not be permitted near the animals during the animal presentation.
San Diego Zoo Menu
Reception Hors d'oeuvres
- Tomato and Basil Bruschetta (vegetarian)
- Portobello with Truffle Oil in Phyllo Cup (vegan)
- African Sambussas (Vegetarian)
- Vegetarian Spring Rolls (vegetarian)
- House Jungle Greens
- Caesar Salad
- Sautéed Chicken Breast, Roasted Shallot Jus’ And Herbs
- Grilled Tri-Tip, Caramelized Mushroom, Roasted Garlic Demi-Glace
- Au Gratin Potatoes
- Chef’s Choice Vegetables (vegetarian)
- Fresh Rolls with Butter (vegetarian)
- Assorted Cakes:
- Chocolate Carrot Cake
- New York Style Cheesecake
- Assorted Domestic and Imported Beer, Wine, Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee and Hot Tea Station