Neurosurgery Urges Congress to Explore Problem of Long COVID
On July 14, the AANS and the CNS joined a coalition letter to Congressional leaders urging Congress to explore the growing issue of long COVID. Specifically, the groups asked the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pension Committee and House Energy and Commerce Committee to convene hearings to examine such topics as:
- Definitions and language around long COVID;
- Research, data collection and surveillance opportunities;
- Diversity in research and disparities in care;
- Educating medical professionals and patients about long COVID; and
- Guidance for clinical treatment and care coordination across primary and specialty care providers.
Click here to read the coalition letter.