Your Organization’s Role in Joint Providership
As you plan the educational content of your meeting, visit the AANS Joint Providership website, as many examples of required documents are available. While working with your AANS staff contact, it is your organization’s responsibility to ensure that all information is compliant with the Accreditation Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) criteria and submitted to AANS in a timely manner.
It is recommended that you use the provided timeline/checklist as a guide during the joint providership process. Failure to meet the deadlines outlined in the timeline/checklist will result in penalty fees.
Management of an activity (such as coordinating hotel logistics, registration and tabulating evaluations) is also the responsibility of your organization. The AANS can provide a tabulating service for your evaluations and possibly other management services at an additional fee(s).
The following is a brief summary of your responsibilities:
- Joint Providership Application
- $750 non-refundable application fee
- Data sources
- Preliminary budget
All educational program planning materials and correspondence
- (e.g. meetings minutes, emails, invitation letters to speakers/faculty, etc.)
- Preliminary agenda
- Learning objectives
- List of all individuals who are educational content planners and/or abstract reviewers
All advance promotional materials
- (e.g. brochures, invitations and flyers)
- Needed from all speakers, abstract reviewers, educational content planner(s) and any others involved in the planning of the scientific program
Mitigation of Conflict of Interest forms
- This must be completed by someone other than the individual with the disclosure.
Letters of Agreement from commercial supporters
- Inform AANS if you have no commercial support.
- Electronic version of final program book
- Draft evaluation form
- Draft CME attendance verification form
Collect and forward copies of the following to AANS:
- Materials distributed on-site other than the program book (if any)
- Verbal disclosures made on site (if any)
- Final attendance roster sent via email in Microsoft Excel
- Final budget
- Next year’s meeting dates, location and CME contact person
- Send AANS the joint providership service fee payment within 60 days after your meeting date