AANS International Visiting Surgeon Fellowship
The AANS is committed to its involvement in international neurosurgery across our enterprise. Information on new (or continuing) programs are coming this summer.
The AANS is happy to announce the recipients of the 2022 AANS International Visiting Surgeon Fellowship:
- Jigish Ruparelia, MSurg from India, will visit Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Department of Neurological Surgery under the observation of Anil Nanda, MD, MPH, FAANS, FACS.
The AANS International Visiting Surgeon Fellowship is an initiative to assist neurosurgeons or neurosurgeons-in-training from a developing country designated by the World Bank.
Two fellowship recipients will receive:
- $2,000/month stipend for up to three months ($6,000 maximum); and
- Reimbursement for one round trip coach airfare to fellowship location.
If the fellowship visit coincides with the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting, meeting attendance will also be provided. This includes:
- Travel from their fellowship location to the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting;
- Complimentary hotel room;
- A spending stipend for the meeting; and
- A general registration fee for the meeting.
The AANS International Visiting Surgeon Fellowship has allowed surgeons from more than a dozen different countries to participate in observational fellowships in North America. View a list of past fellows below.
To contact the AANS about this fellowship:
E-mail: Org Affairs
Attn: AANS International Visiting Surgeon Fellowship
American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
5550 Meadowbrook Drive
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008-3852, U.S.A.
If you have questions about applying to the International Visiting Surgeon Fellowship, please contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at 888.566.2267