Become an AANS Member Today!
Affiliate members practice in the US and were either trained internationally or certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery (AOBS).
When you become an AANS member, you receive valuable resources to support your career and goals. As a member, you also advance and protect your specialty by supporting political advocacy and patient education initiatives.
- Reside/practice in North America
Affiliate members are either:
- Either trained and certified outside of North American and practicing in North America OR board-certified by the AOBS
- Letters of sponsorship from three (3) AANS member neurosurgeons
Note: The AANS can assist in identifying a member sponsor
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
Print and online subscriptions to the official journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing
- Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine (JNS Spine)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics (JNS Pediatrics)
- Up to 36 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ complimentary each year through Neurosurgical Focus
- Updates on AANS/CNS political advocacy efforts
- Free and discounted NeuroU online courses offering CME
- Free subspecialty CME tracking and online transcripts
- Reduced registration for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Free job search and discounted job postings in the AANS Online Career Center
- Free printable patient information pamphlets covering common conditions and treatments
- Members-only searchable directory
- Eligible to serve on AANS committees
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- Access to AANS Member Discount Programs
Pay Annual Dues:
- $975 if Residing in the U.S.
- $575 if Residing in Canada/Mexico
- $0 if Active U.S. Military
- Document at least 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ each calendar year (January 1 - December 31).
- Attend the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting in-person at least once every five (5) years. On-Demand or Virtual attendance does not satisfy this requirement.
Before beginning your member application, please have the following information ready:
- Payment method for application fee/first-year dues
- Dates of attendance and names of medical school and residency programs
- Current medical license number and dates in effect
- Certification documentation
Upon completion of your application and remittance of membership fee, you will have immediate access to AANS member benefits. Don't Wait - become an AANS member today.
If you have questions, please contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847.378.0500 or toll-free at 888.566.AANS (2267).