Associate (MD or PhD) Membership
Become an AANS Member Today!
Associate members are non-neurosurgeons involved in neurosurgery and neuroscience, including non-neurosurgical MDs and PhDs.
- Non-neurosurgeon MD or PhD
- Reside in the U.S., Canada or Mexico
- Certified by the national board of certification in the field of their primary activity (if such board exists)
- Sponsorship letters from three AANS voting members (Note: Contact the AANS for help identifying sponsor members.)
- Submit CV
- Earn up to 36 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ each year through Neurosurgical Focus
- Online educational sessions offering CME
- Subspecialty CME tracking and online transcripts through https://myaans.aans.org/
Discounted, optional subscription ($220) to official journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group (JNSPG):
- Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine (JNS Spine)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics (JNS Pediatrics)
- Reduced registration for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Reduced registration rates for AANS educational courses and resources
- Free job search and discounted job postings in the AANS Online Career Center
- Members-only searchable directory
- Subspecialty section membership eligibility
- Eligible to serve on AANS committees
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- Access to AANS Member Discount Programs
- Pay annual dues: $145
Before beginning your member application, please have the following information ready, if applicable:
- Dates of attendance and institution names for medical school, internship and residency
- Primary hospital affiliation and start date
- Current medical license number and dates in effect
- Proof of board certification (if relevant board exists)
- Electronic version of CV
Upon completion of your application and remittance of membership fee, you will have immediate access to AANS member benefits. Don't Wait - become an AANS member today.
If you have questions, please contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847.378.0500.