When you become an AANS member, you receive valuable resources to support your career and goals. As a member, you also advance and protect your specialty by supporting political advocacy and patient education initiatives.
- Actively practicing neurosurgery
- Resides/practices in North America
- Board certified by one of the following:*
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Mexican Council of Neurological Surgery
- Letters of sponsorship from three AANS member neurosurgeons. Note: The online application will assist you in identifying AANS members.
- Electronic version of your CV in English
- Print and online subscriptions to the official journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group (JNSPG):
- Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine (JNS Spine)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics (JNS Pediatrics)
- Up to 36 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ complimentary each year through Neurosurgical Focus
- Updates on AANS/CNS political advocacy efforts
- Free and discounted NeuroU online courses offering CME
- Free subspecialty CME tracking and online transcripts
- Reduced registration for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Free job search and discounted job postings in the AANS Online Career Center
- Free printable patient information pamphlets covering common conditions and treatments
- Members-only searchable directory
- Eligible to serve on AANS committees
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- Access to AANS Member Discount Programs
- Pay Annual Dues:
- $975 if Residing in the U.S.
- $575 if Residing in Canada/Mexico
- $0 if Active U.S. Military
- During each established three-year cycle, provide documentation of 60 Category 1 CME credits, 40 of which are recommended to be neurosurgical credits
- Attend the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting at least once every five years
Before beginning your member application, please have the following information ready:
- Payment method for application fee/first-year dues
- Dates of attendance and names of medical school and residency programs
- Primary hospital affiliation and start date
- Current medical license number and dates in effect
- Proof of board certification (unless ABNS-certified)
Upon paying your application fee, you will have temporary access to AANS member benefits.
You must complete and submit your membership application within 30 days of payment to become a full member. The application should take no more than 10-15 minutes to complete.
If your membership application is not completed within 30 days, your temporary AANS membership will be terminated and the application fee forfeited.
If you have questions, please contact Shahida Razvi at email@example.com, 847.378.0539 or toll-free at 888.566.2267 x 539.
*If board certification was received more than one year prior, sponsorship letters from three AANS voting members are required upon application.