Become an AANS Member Today!
When you become an AANS member, you receive valuable resources to support your career and goals. As a member, you also advance and protect your specialty by supporting political advocacy and patient education initiatives.
- Actively practicing neurosurgery
- Resides/practices in North America
- Board certified by one of the following:*
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Mexican Council of Neurological Surgery
- Letters of sponsorship from three AANS member neurosurgeons. Note: The online application will assist you in identifying AANS members.
- Electronic version of your CV in English
- Print and online subscriptions to the official journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group (JNSPG):
- Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine (JNS Spine)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics (JNS Pediatrics)
- Up to 36 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ complimentary each year through Neurosurgical Focus
- Updates on AANS/CNS political advocacy efforts
- Free and discounted NeuroU online courses offering CME
- Free subspecialty CME tracking and online transcripts
- Reduced registration for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Free job search and discounted job postings in the AANS Online Career Center
- Free printable patient information pamphlets covering common conditions and treatments
- Members-only searchable directory
- Eligible to serve on AANS committees
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- Access to AANS Member Discount Programs
- Pay Annual Dues:
- $975 if Residing in the U.S.
- $575 if Residing in Canada/Mexico
- $0 if Active U.S. Military
- During each established three-year cycle, provide documentation of 60 Category 1 CME credits, 40 of which are recommended to be neurosurgical credits
- Attend the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting at least once every five years
Before beginning your member application, please have the following information ready:
- Payment method for application fee/first-year dues
- Dates of attendance and names of medical school and residency programs
- Primary hospital affiliation and start date
- Current medical license number and dates in effect
- Proof of board certification (unless ABNS-certified)
Upon completion of your application and remittance of membership fee, you will have immediate access to AANS member benefits. Don't Wait - become an AANS member today.
If you have questions, please contact Shahida Razvi at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847.378.0539 or toll-free at 888.566.2267 x 539.
*If board certification was received more than one year prior, sponsorship letters from three AANS voting members are required upon application.