Become an AANS Member Today!
When you become an AANS member, you receive valuable resources to support your career and goals. As a member, you also advance and protect your specialty by supporting political advocacy and patient education initiatives.
- Actively practicing neurosurgery
- Resides/practices in North America
- Board certified by one of the following:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Mexican Council of Neurological Surgery
- If you have been board certified for more than one (1) year, three (3) letters of sponsorship from AANS voting member neurosurgeons are required.
- If you currently became board certified within the past year, no letters of sponsorship are required. Note: The AANS can assist in identifying a member sponsor
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Print and online subscriptions to the official journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing
- Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine (JNS Spine)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics (JNS Pediatrics)
- Up to 36 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ complimentary each year through Neurosurgical Focus
- Updates on AANS/CNS political advocacy efforts
- Free and discounted NeuroU online courses offering CME
- Free subspecialty CME tracking and online transcripts
- Reduced registration for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Free job search and discounted job postings in the AANS Online Career Center
- Free printable patient information pamphlets covering common conditions and treatments
- Members-only searchable directory
- Eligible to serve on AANS committees
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- Access to AANS Member Discount Programs
- Pay Annual Dues:
- $975 if Residing in the U.S.
- $575 if Residing in Canada/Mexico
- $0 if Active U.S. Military
- Document at least 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ each calendar year (January 1 - December 31).
- Attend the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting in-person at least once every five (5) years. On-Demand or Virtual attendance does not satisfy this requirement.
Before beginning your member application, please have the following information ready:
- Payment method for application fee/first-year dues
- Dates of attendance and names of medical school and residency programs
- Primary hospital affiliation and start date
- Current medical license number and dates in effect
- Proof of board certification (unless ABNS-certified)
Upon completion of your application and remittance of membership fee, you will have immediate access to AANS member benefits. Don't Wait - become an AANS member today.
If you have questions, please contact Member Services at email@example.com, 847.378.0500 or toll-free at 888.566.AANS (2267).