International Candidate (Residents/Fellows)
Become an AANS Member Today!
Residents or fellows enrolled in neurosurgical training programs outside of the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Provide proof of enrollment in a verifiable non-North American neurosurgical training program
- Submit a recommendation for membership by your training program director
- International training program directors may submit the names and contact information of their residents so that they may be approved for membership without completing an online membership application
- Free Online subscriptions to official journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group (JNSPG):
- Journal of Neurosurgery
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics
- Reduced registration for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Online educational sessions offering CME
- Reduced registration rates for AANS educational courses and resources
- Members-only searchable directory
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- No annual dues for up to five years during your training (Note: Membership in this category is limited to five years.)
- Optional, discounted paper subscription to the Journal of Neurosurgery, Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine and Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics for $250
Before beginning your member application, please have the following information ready:
- Dates of attendance and institution name of a verifiable non-North American neurosurgical training program
You may apply for membership online or your training program director or departmental chair may recommend you for membership by contacting Member Services at email@example.com, 847.378.0554 or toll-free at 888.566.2267 x554.