Medical Student Membership
Medical student members are students enrolled in an accredited medical school in the U.S., Canada or Mexico.
- Medical student currently rolled in an accredited North American medical school
- Application signed by your school's dean or medical director verifying your current status and expected graduation date
Free online subscriptions to official journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery
Publishing Group (JNSPG):
- Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine (JNS Spine)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics (JNS Pediatrics)
- Reduced registration rate for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Earn up to 36 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ each year through Neurosurgical Focus which can be used for extra credit at some medical schools
- Online educational sessions offering CME
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- Pay application fee of $25 (waived if you join through an AANS Medical Student Chapter)
- No annual dues
To join, an officer at your school’s AANS Medical Student Chapter submit your name, mailing address, medical school start date, and anticipated graduation date to the AANS.. Follow the link below to find your local chapter and contact an officer.
If no chapter exists, you must submit a membership application. To complete your membership application, you will need:
- Medical school start date and expected graduation date
- Dean or medical director’s signature
- Payment method for application fee
If you have questions, please contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847.378.0500 or toll-free at 888.566.AANS (2267).