Provisional and Affiliate Provisional Membership
Become an AANS Member Today!
Provisional members have completed a North American neurosurgical residency program and are eligible for board certification.
The AANS offers resources to support new-to-practice neurosurgeons: billing and coding guidance, oral board preparation resources, free educational opportunities, CME tracking and more. Join today to get the support you need, whether you have just completed residency or are nearing board certification.
Proof of neurosurgical training completion:
- Either a copy of residency diploma
- Or letter from training program director
- Reside/practice in North America
Eligible for board certification by:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Mexican Council of Neurological Surgery
*Upon confirmation of certification by the ABNS members will be promoted to FAANS membership. Upon confirmation of certification by the AOBS, members will be promoted to Affiliate membership.
Print and online subscriptions to the official journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing
- Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine (JNS Spine)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics (JNS Pediatrics)
- Up to 36 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ complimentary each year through Neurosurgical Focus
- Updates on AANS/CNS political advocacy efforts
- Discounted registration for the AANS Goodman Oral Board Preparation course.
- Discounted coding course registration and billing and coding resources
- Free and discounted NeuroU online courses offering CME
- Free subspecialty CME tracking and online transcripts
- Reduced registration for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Free job search and discounted job postings in the AANS Online Career Center
- Free printable patient information pamphlets covering common conditions and treatments
- Members-only searchable directory
- Eligible to serve on AANS committees
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- Access to AANS Member Discount Programs
Pay Annual Dues:
- $975 if Residing in the U.S.
- $575 if Residing in Canada/Mexico
- $0 if Active U.S. Military
- Document at least 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ each calendar year (January 1 - December 31).
- Attend the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting in-person at least once every five (5) years. On-Demand or Virtual attendance does not satisfy this requirement.
Before beginning your member application, please have the following information ready:
- Payment method for application fee/first-year dues
- Dates of attendance and names of medical school and residency programs
- Primary hospital affiliation and start date
- Current medical license number and dates in effect
Upon completion of your application and remittance of membership fee, you will have immediate access to AANS member benefits. Don't Wait - become an AANS member today.
If you have questions, please contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847.378.0500 or toll-free at 888.566.AANS (2267).