Advanced Practitioner Membership
Whether new to neurosurgery or looking to advance your career, AANS membership equips advanced practitioners for neurosurgical practice. Nurse practitioners (NPs) and physician assistants (PAs) involved in neurosurgical care are eligible for AANS membership.
- Employment/residence in the U.S., Canada or Mexico
- Submitted CV
- Sponsorship letter from one (1) AANS member neurosurgeon (Note: The AANS can assist in locating a sponsoring member neurosurgeon.)
- RNs and NPs must be specialized in the care of neurosurgical patients
- Physician assistants must be certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (PA-C)
- 50% off Sessions on Neurosurgery for Advanced Practitioners (SNAP) online courses
- Discounted registration to From Cranial to Spine: An Overview of Neurosurgical Topics for the Advanced Practitioner
- Reduced registration for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Free and discounted online educational sessions offering CME
- Up to 36 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ complimentary each year through Neurosurgical Focus
Free job search and discounted job postings in the AANS Online Career Center
- Members-only searchable directory
- Reduced, optional subscription rate ($125) to the official journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group (JNSPG):
- Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine (JNS Spine)
Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics (JNS Pediatrics)
- Eligible to serve on AANS committees
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- Access to AANS Member Discount Programs
- Pay annual dues: $145
- Attend at least one out of every five AANS Annual Scientific Meetings
Before beginning your member application, please have the following information ready:
- Payment info for $145 application fee/first-year dues
- Educational institutions attended and dates of attendance
- Primary hospital affiliation and start date (if affiliated with a hospital)
- Current medical license number and dates in effect
- Copy of certification
Upon paying your application fee, you will have temporary access to AANS member benefits.
You must complete and submit a membership application within 30 days of payment to become a full member. The application should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete.
If your membership application is not completed within 30 days, your temporary AANS membership will be terminated and the application fee forfeited.
If you have questions, please contact Shahida Razvi at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847.378.0539 or toll-free at 888.566.2267 x 539.