Advanced Practitioner Membership
Become an AANS Member Today!
Whether new to neurosurgery or looking to advance your career, AANS membership equips advanced practitioners for neurosurgical practice. Nurse practitioners (NPs) and physician assistants (PAs) involved in neurosurgical care are eligible for AANS membership.
- Reside/employment in the U.S., Canada or Mexico
- Letter of sponsorship from one (1) AANS FAANS member Note: AANS can assist in identifying a FAANS member sponsor
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- RNs and NPs must be specialized in the care of neurosurgical patients
- Physician Assistants must be certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (PA-C)
- 50% off Sessions on Neurosurgery for Advanced Practitioners (SNAP) online courses
- Discounted registration to From Cranial to Spine: An Overview of Neurosurgical Topics for the Advanced Practitioner
- Reduced registration for the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- Free and discounted online educational sessions offering CME
- Up to 36 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™ complimentary each year through Neurosurgical Focus
Free job search and discounted job postings in the AANS Online Career Center
- Members-only searchable directory
- Reduced, optional subscription rate ($125) to the official journals of the AANS from the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group (JNSPG):
- Journal of Neurosurgery (JNS)
- Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine (JNS Spine)
Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics (JNS Pediatrics)
- Eligible to serve on AANS committees
- Discounts on AANS publications and merchandise
- Access to AANS Member Discount Programs
- Pay annual dues: $145
- Attend the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting in-person at least once every five (5) years. On-Demand or Virtual attendance does not satisfy this requirement.
Before beginning your member application, please have the following information ready:
- Payment method for $145 application fee/first-year dues
- Educational institutions attended and dates of attendance
- Primary hospital affiliation and start date (if affiliated with a hospital)
- Current medical license number and dates in effect
- Copy of certification
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
Upon completion of your application and remittance of membership fee, you will have immediate access to AANS member benefits. Don't Wait - become an AANS member today!
If you have questions, please contact Member Services at email@example.com, 847.378.0500 or toll-free at 888.566-AANS(2267).